Friday 25 July 2014

Tulisa Contostavlos to appeal guilty assault verdict

Tulisa Contostavlos has said that she will appeal after being found guilty of assault.

At Stratford Magistrates' Court today (July 25), the singer and former X Factor judge was convicted of hitting Vas J Morgan at last year's V Festival.

"This has been a rollercoaster week for me. I never wanted any of this," Contostavlos said.

"I did not assault Vas J Morgan and I am outraged at this decision. I will be appealing it."

Contostavlos was fined £200 and ordered to pay a £20 victim surcharge, £100 compensation and £2,700 costs.

District Judge Angus Hamilton said: "I am quite sure to the requisite standard of proof, based on my analysis of the evidence that I have heard, that Ms Contostavlos did strike Mr Morgan in the face during an argument and that that blow caused minor bruising and swelling."


Contostavlos's personal assistant Gareth Varey, 28, was cleared of threatening behaviour today (Friday, July 25) at Stratford Magistrates' Court.

Varey and Contostavlos had both denied the charges against them.

"I'm pleased we can finally put an end to this and move on," said The Only Way Is Essex cast member Morgan after the judgement. "It's been a difficult time for everyone involved and I'd just like to put it behind me.

"I've had my character questioned and now feel vindicated by the verdict."

Earlier this week, Contostavlos's drug trial collapsed at Southwark Crown Court after the judge said he had "strong grounds to believe" that undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood had lied at a pre-trial hearing.

At that case, Contostavlos had pleaded not guilty to a charge of being concerned with the supply of class A drugs.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...