Wednesday 23 July 2014

Lana Del Rey: 'Annoying' that sleeping with guys in the industry didn't help

We’re quite aware that Lana Del Rey has little interest in being a role model. But her newest revelation seems particularly painful, given how many young girls adore her music.

When Complex magazine questioned Del Rey about a single on her new album Ultraviolence, explicitly called F–d My Way to the Top, she elaborates, calling it commentary on her image. “You know, I have slept with a lot of guys in the industry, but none of them helped me get my record deals,” she says. “Which is annoying.”

She also speaks of why she chose to cover Nina Simone’s The Other Woman.  “I relate to being the person who people come to for “such a change from the old routine, but not being the main thing,” she says. “I had a long-term relationship for seven years with someone who was the head of a label and I felt like I was that change of routine. I was always waiting to become the person who his kids came home to, and it never happened.”
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...