Thursday 7 August 2014

Clemson hoping to make up ground with Georgia DB

 One of Clemson's targets for the 2016 class will attend the Tigers' season opener against Georgia. DB Chad Clay (6-1 178) of Marietta, GA has the Bulldogs high on his list and also has interest in the Tigers.

"They were the first school to offer me during the end of my freshman season," Clay said. "They kind of put me on the map. I like it up there. I went to the Florida State game last year and, even though they lost, it was a great atmosphere and a great place to be."

Another thing caught his eye while visiting Clemson.

"I really like the other stuff, other than football, that they offer," he said. "It's a good school where I can get a good education and a good job after I'm done with football."

Though he does like Clemson, Clay currently has the Tigers outside his top five. He named Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M and Ohio State with Clemson "on the bubble."

Of those schools, only Clemson, Georgia and A&M have offered. "The other schools are showing a lot of interest and I think they'll offer before the end of the season," Clay said.

His other offers include Nebraska, Tennessee and Georgia Tech.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...