Thursday 7 August 2014

In my beauty bag: Azra Kujovic

 As general manager for DFS Galleria, Azra Kujovic has access to some of the world's most luxurious brands. Not surprisingly her beauty cabinet is filled with top-shelf treats! Come on, let's take a peek ...

SKIN

In the morning I cleanse my skin with either La Prairie or Snowberry cleanser, which are both luxurious lathering cleansers to clarify and calm skin. Then I use La Prairie Cellular Softening and Balancing Lotion, which is a toner with anti-irritant ingredients. I alternate La Prairie lotion with SK-II Facial Treatment Essence.

Around my eye area I apply La Prairie Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex and then the Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift cream on top. On my face I then apply Skin Caviar Liquid Lift Serum, then Skin Caviar Luxe Cream on top of it. At night, I repeat the cleansing, toning and eye routine. I then apply La Prairie Cellular Power Charge Night.

For sun protection, before my foundation I apply Clarins Oil Free Protective Lotion UV 40+. It is an ultra light-weight mineral screen.

For an extra radiance boost twice a week I apply masks at home. My favourites at the moment are SK-II- Skin Signature 3D Redefining, Wild Fern's Mud Face Pack with New Zealand thermal mud and Abeeco Bee Venom mask. I also love face treatment oils. I currently alternate once a week between Guerlain Abeille Royale and Linden Leaves Miraculous Facial Oil. I also have regular microdermaplaning treatment at The Face Place Med Spa.

My secret to good skin is finding and committing to a skin ritual that works. Plus lots of water, green tea, regular exfoliation and hydration.

MAKEUP

I became interested in makeup at an early age - and unfortunately so for my mum's makeup supplies that I used for my pioneer experiments!

I view makeup as an expressive and creative platform. The key with makeup is to be curious, explore new looks and products and enjoy it.

Balance is the key in make-up application. It is best to accentuate one facial feature more than the others as otherwise the look can be overdone.

My favourite makeup products are:

- La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF 15 - perfect coverage.


 - Chanel Liquid Eyeliner Intensity Definition.

- Chanel Les 4 Ombres eye shadows (I use Mystic Eyes and Vanites).

- MAC eye shadows in Pink Freeze and Embark.

- Sublime De Chanel mascara.

- Lines No More by Dr. Brandt for lip priming.

- MAC lipstick in Angel and Snob.

- Chanel Rouge Coco in Gabrielle and Rouge Allure in Extatique.

- Hour Glass Femme Rouge in Grace.

- Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight.

- MAC pigment in Old Gold and Platinum.



I also recently discovered Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner - a great tool to create that perfect winged eye look.

In my handbag I carry Prana+ Hand Sanitiser, Yuva Lavender Hand Cream, Jurlique Lavender Hydrating Mist, lipstick and lip gloss, La Prairie powder compact and Chanel waterproof eyeliner.

HAIR

For my hair I use the Kerastase Nutritive collection. It provides incredible conditioning nourishment and shine. The Kerastase Elixir-Ultime BB cream is also nutritional but lightweight. I also love Eleven Miracle Hair Treatment as it adds shine and makes my hair soft and manageable.

Redken Signature Look Fashion Waves 07 spray with sea salt is a great tool for texturising and creating waves. I go to the very talented Kurtis Counsell, at Dry & Tea at City Works. I really enjoy my experience each time. I have monthly salon hair colour and protein treatment and in between I do home masks and treatments. I use a ghd Classic Styler and BaByliss Hot Rollers.

NAILS

I visit The Nail Lounge by Debbie Walsh (in DFS Galleria). She is an amazing nail artist. My favourite shades are Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Vendetta, Artistic Colour Gloss in Fashionista and OPI's Japanese Rose, Every Month is Oktoberfest, Lincoln Park After Dark, Big Apple Red, Princesses Rule and Malaga Wine.

I sometimes get nail art for special occasions. For the rest of the times I feel great with shorter, well-manicured and polished nails.

FRAGRANCE & BODY

My favourites are Dior Jádore L'Or and Chanel Chance, plus many others to mix it up depending on the occasion of the day.

Over the years I've worn Eau De Cartier Essence Dórange, L'Instant Magic, Eau de Shalimar and Dolce & Gabbana Red.

I also love Chanel No 5 body lotion and Jo Malone body cream in orange blossom.

Baths are the ideal treat to calm, reflect and escape from the daily routines. Himalayan salts mixed with Epsom salts are a great duo for detoxing and relaxation due to magnesium enriched properties (find them at health stores).

Jo Malone Orange Blossom Bath Oil and Pure Fiji Coconut Sugar Rub and Bath Soak in frangipani are also nourishing, beautiful products.

LIFESTYLE

Know yourself, be kind to yourself, expect the best and be at your best always so that you can make a positive difference in all you do. I am committed to my beauty regime as I know that it works for me and helps my overall well-being and self-confidence. My beauty goal is to cherish each stage of my life and to age gracefully but with knowing that I have honoured and looked after my skin and body as best as I possibly could.

My travel tips are to hydrate skin well by using a moisturising mist frequently. Keep water intake consistent and best to avoid alcohol and limit caffeine to recover fast from jet lag.

Most certainly, as a beauty enthusiast, I am forever on the quest for new information and trends in beauty. I have great opportunities to speak to many beauty brand managers and I am surrounded by beauty products every day at DFS Galleria Custom House. It is a beauty heaven for me, with almost everyday something new waiting to be discovered. We launched SK-II and recently La Mer in our beauty department and that was really exciting for our wonderful team and clients.

Britomart is another great area for exploration of new trends.

My beauty icon is Estee Lauder for her belief that every woman can be beautiful. As women we are natural nurturers and have so many important roles to fulfil. In midst of all that we also have to remember to nurture ourselves and our beauty and not allow modern trends to define our attractiveness and impact our self-worth. There are no set parameters, we can all feel and be beautiful in our own special way and as such we define our own beauty.

I can't live without Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant or skin exfoliators in general.

My best beauty quick fix is Klorane Dry Shampoo.

If I could wave a magic wand, I'd like my eyebrows to be perfect at all times and never ever go astray.

The beauty product I think needs be invented is some kind of 'Youth Elixir' that heals scars and erases all skin concerns as we age but at the same is affordable and accessible to all people.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...